Friday, October 25, 2013

He told me I looked like Marilyn Monroe and I got Poison Ivy

This is the epic love story of a friend of mine as told through her eyes...


I didn't want a boyfriend. Really! I actually could care a less about guys or girls or anyone. Well, it's not that I don't care, I just love everyone so much already that I don't need anything more. I want to be a dancer someday. No time for men in that line of work. The strength of my legs outweighs the strength of my heart and when I leap through the air, I know I don't need a man to catch me, I can catch myself.

But isn't that how it always is? Just when you say you don't need something it appears. And that's what happened with him. Big brown eyes stared at me from under some pretty bushy eyebrows across the room. It was as cliché as that. We locked eyes across the room in the dining hall. I found myself wishing I would bump into him or that he would come and talk to me, but we were strangers! Just two, adorable strangers. 

I didn't see him for a year. Not kidding. There had been no words between us, not even real eye flirting, but I always thought about him when people asked me, "so, who do you like?" But eventually I actually did see him again at a party. I'm not gonna lie, I was pretty drunk at this party. Drunk enough, however, that I had enough courage to walk over to him to say hi. I told him everything... Not kidding. I told him that I had a huge crush on him even though I had no idea who he was and had only seen him once. The great part? He was really drunk too, so he didn't judge me (as he should have). He laughed and said he still thought about me. He then slurred, "willl youuu goo oout with mee?" I just nodded and giggled and then gave him my number. 

He didn't call for a week. But he finally did. He said he was nervous that I was just super drunk. I said that I was, but it was true what I said. Luckily, he didn't see me blushing! 

So we went on a date. He didn't kiss me. Then we went on another, and another. Finally he kissed me on our fourth date. We were just eating popcorn and watching tv. As simple as that, but it was a great kiss. 

We went hiking, skydiving, to movies, we cuddled on his couch, we held hands every second, and we made food together. We went camping once. He told me to watch out for poison ivy which freaked me out and I wouldn't go pee in the woods. Finally I was jumping up and down and like, "we gotta go find a bathroom!" He laughed and said, "just go!!!" I flashed him a huge smile and he grabbed me and kissed me hard on the mouth. "What was that for?""Nothing, you just look so beautiful, like Marilyn Monroe." I turned around, dropped my pants and peed right in front of him. That's how elegant I am. Just like Marilyn... 

I got poison ivy. But I also got him. We've been together six years.

No comments:

Post a Comment